Recently at the Membership Meeting and Awards Banquet on Feb. 5, 2019, in Manhattan, KS, new officers were installed and the 2019 Board of Directors announced.
Please please feel free to contact a representative from our board of directors with your ideas, concerns or questions. You may find our 2019 directors in the column to the left. They welcome your interest and ideas.
We would like to thank these 2018 board members who recently rotated off our board. Thank you for your service:
- Mark Carlin, Ash Grove Cement Co.
- Bill Yunghans, Geiger Ready-Mix Co.
- John Krudwig, Krudwig Structural Engineers
- Randy Roths, Concrete Materials Co. (who is returning to our board again this year)
We appreciate all you've done to help our concrete industry.
The call for applications for our 2019-2020 KS ACI Scholarship has been distributed. We offer a scholarship of $2,000 for students that are pursuing education in fields pertaining to the concrete industry. There will be only one scholarship awarded per school (Kansas University, Kansas State University, and Pittsburg State University). The winner will be notified by email. The scholarship winner will be invited to attend our annual scholarship golf tournament, and dinner (April 30, 2019).
Click Here for the Scholarship Information & Link
The deadline for entry is March 15, 2019!
- The applicant must maintain a 2.5 or above grade point average.
- The applicant must not have failed any classes.
- The applicant must be a full time student with a minimum class load of twelve (12) hours.
- An applicant who has already been awarded a scholarship from the Kansas Chapter/American Concrete Institute may not apply for a second scholarship.
Please help us make sure the application is passed on to eligible students.
The golf tournament helps to sustain the activities of the Chapter, particularly the student activities which includes our annual scholarships, student competitions, and sponsoring students to attend industry events. The winners of our annual scholarships will be announced at the tournament.
Dub's Dread Golf Course
April 30, 2019
Sign in begins at 12:00, Shotgun start at 1:00, Dinner to follow
We look forward to seeing everyone at our upcoming Fund Raiser and Networking Event.
Click Here to Register for the Golf Tournament.
KS ACI held our annual Concrete Construction Awards Program on Feb. 5, 2019 in Manhattan, Kansas at the Flint Hills Discovery Center. Congratulations to our project winners. Find more pictures of this event on our KSACI Facebook Page.
2018 Judges Award
KU Memorial Drive Reconstruction Phase 3, Lawrence, KS
University of Kansas, PEC, Kissick Construction Co, Midwest Concrete Materials
2018 Decorative Concrete Award
Bull Creek Distillery, Spring Hill, KS
Artistic Concrete Surfaces, Talon Concrete & Aggregates, LLC
2018 Flatwork Award
2017 Neighborhood Street Reconstruction, Overland Park, KS
City of Overland Park KS, Walter P. Moore & Associates, V.F. Anderson Builders, LLC, Century Concrete
2018 Infrastructure Award
I-235 Bridge Replacements, Wichita, KS
Kansas Department of Transportation, WSP, Dondlinger Construction, King Construction Co., Wildcat Construction Co, Inc., Concrete Materials Company
2018 Low Rise Buildings Award
Geiger Ready-Mix Headquarters, Kansas City, KS
Geiger Ready-Mix Co., J. Price Architecture, Inc., PMA Engineering, Leavcon II, Inc., Fogel-Anderson Construction Co.
2018 Mid-High Rise Buildings Award
Creative Planning Headquarters, Overland Park, KS
Creative Planning, Overland One - VanTrust Real Estate, Burns & McDonnell, Ceco Concrete Construction, EPIC Concrete Construction, Inc., Talon Concrete & Aggregates
Congratulations Award Winners!
One of the best things we do is plan, manage, and execute our KS ACI certifcation program! We pride ourselves in supporting self improvement and increasing quality concrete construction! Pass on our certification schedule to anyone who is interested.
- Concrete Field Testing Technician Field Grade 1
- Adhesive Anchor Installer
- Aggregate Testing Technician Level 1
- Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- Concrete Flatwork Finisher/Technician
The Pittsburg State University Student Chapter ACI has been awarded the 2018 Excellent Univeristy Award. Congratulations!
Speaking of Pittsburg State University, they are holding their Annual Construction Expo on April 16 & 17, 2019. If you and your company are interested in participating please contact Seth O'Brien, at Pittsburg State. Or click through the links they have provided below:
Please help us grow our membership! Our dues are extremely affordable, and we are a lot of fun! Our new website from StarChapter makes registering for events easy! By being a member of KS ACI you are eligible for enhanced global benefits from ACI International.
Click Here for Membership Information & Dues
Students join Free!
- Joining some of the local area's brightest minds in concrete technical knowledge and practices
- Help promote certification and quality concrete construction
- Networking opportunities
- Have the access and ability to join technical seminars and speaking engagements on a multitude of subjects
- Free Digital Subscription to Concrete International magazine
- Three ACI University course tokens for use on selected on-demand educational training
- Listing in the ACI Member Directory
- A printable ACI Membership certificate
Pass on the links and website to others!
Jo Co Contractor Licensing Conference
Concrete Construction Testing & Quality Assurance
April 3, 2019
Members from KS ACI will be teaching a session at the upcoming Contractor Licensing Conference on April 3, 2019 at the Overland Park Convention Center. Rusty Owings, Geiger Ready-Mix, Kristen Freeman, Ash Grove Cement and Bill Beggs, Martin Marietta will share in teaching different segments. Thanks to them for representing KS ACI Chapter! Good Luck.